Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's a Bird, It's a Plane... It Really IS a Plane

 

Those who know our boy know how much he likes anything with an engine. ANYTHING. Lately, he's shown an increasing interest in airplanes. So, when Andy's co-workers told him about an air show right across the river in Louisiana (seriously, like 15 minutes away) we knew we had to go. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much. I mean, it was in Tallulah, LA. Have you ever heard of Tallulah? Yeah, me either. However, I will say, they tiny Tallulah-Vicksburg Regional Airport surprised me. It was a great show! For about three hours we enjoyed non-stop entertainment -- stunt planes, war planes and Jax's favorite, a jet truck. That's a truck equipped with a JET ENGINE that hits 374 mph. Pretty awesome!















 As you can imagine, the jet truck was ridiculously loud. Jax, has super sensitive ears, and was great about covering them up as he enjoyed the truck.  He couldn't get enough. This was our conversation after the jet truck zoomed by.

J: Mommy, can I drive the jet truck?
Me: That would be fun, honey. But you're too little. You can pretend to drive a jet truck at home.
J: No, thank you.  Maybe I just ask the guy if I can drive his truck.
Me: We'll see.
 J: Don't worry, Mommy. I will say please.

I've been so worried about him growing up to be a monster truck driver, I don't know what I'd do if he drove around in a truck that went 374 mph. Somebody warm up the defibrillator.



When the kids got a little antsy, we took a looksy at the military planes and vehicles.



 

There's this book we love, "Are You My Mother" by P.D. Eastman. It's kinda a classic. In it, a little bird is trying to find it's mother. Near the end, it runs into a digger and asks if it is the bird's mother. It responds with a, "SNORT!" so the bird refers to it as a "Snort." Ava, as of late, things she's hilarious when she snorts like a pig anytime Andy asks here a question. So, he calls her "Snort." She was so excited when she read the name of this plane and just HAD to have her picture taken with it.




 The wings on this plane fold up. Everyone oohed and aahed over it.


This was just one of those perfect days. The weather was amazing. The entertainment was awesome! We had a great time together as a family (added bonus: our great friends met us there) and our kids are still talking about the air show (and the snow cones they snarfed down). See you next year Tallulah-Vicksburg Regional Airport. 




2 comments:

Hall of Halls said...

I love fun family days like that. I miss you & I hope all is well.

Joni said...

Very cool...is it really still that nice there? We got 3+" of snow this weekend...