Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

This is one of our Christmas pictures

It's 10:58 pm. The kids have been asleep for several hours. Santa has already stopped at our house. I should be asleep. But, truth be told, I'm excited! Ava had a hard time falling asleep tonight, with the images of Santa , reindeer, presents and snow swirling around in her head, it's no wonder. I feel that same level of excitement, just for a different reason. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow, go downstairs with the kiddos and see their faces when they catch their first glimpse of presents. Jax will be excited about the colors and paper (the kids loves to crumple, attack, eat and stare at paper). The look of awe on Ava's sweet little face will come from the unknown... knowing that inside of all the packages are presents... but what? This is her third Christmas, but the first where she really knows what's going on. That's fun for her... and me.

I can't wait. I hope I can sleep tonight. If not, I'll be waking the kids up early... isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

No comments: