Wednesday, July 11, 2012

UofA Baby

It's ALIVE! My computer has been raised from the dead. It's truly a miracle! Now, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Way back at the end of March, Andy and I took the kids down to T-town to visit our beloved alma mater. We also happened to score tix to a monster truck event (Jax's favorite part of the trip) which included a monster truck ride for the little dude. Unfortunately, despite my constant reminders to take the camera, Andy left it sitting on the front seat of the car and missed out on spectacular shots of our little man freaking out (in a totally good way) when he realized his surprise was a monster truck rally and overflowing with uncontainable giddiness as he rode in "Boogie Monster." Moms and Dads just have totally different priorities, Andy's was getting a good parking spot and rushing inside to avoid lines, I totally would have gone back for the camera. While the boys rallied it up, the girls and I hung out at the hotel for a good ol'-fashioned girls' night. Eden went to sleep at her normal time (7:00) which meant Ava could do my hair and makeup without interruption.

The following day we met up with our dear friends Rob and Sara and their sweet daughter, Anya to indulge at our very favorite Mexican food restaurant in the world. Seriously, THE WORLD! We went to the location we remembered and went into full-on panic mode when we saw the establishment was now a hooka shop. Panic. I frantically called Sara only to discover it had moved down the road to a much larger building. Phew! Oh, how we've missed Guadalajara Grill and the sweet little ladies who come to your table to make fresh salsa with a mortar and pestle. The kids were pretty excited about the place too, we've been building them up for it for years. We even got to celebrate Ava's birthday (again), the employees sang to her, made her an awesome tinfoil hat and gave her a yummy treat. Guadalajara Grill got an A+ from Ava!

 Tummies full, we headed over to UofA to introduce the kids to their future college. I graduated eight years ago, I swear it doesn't seem that long. It's amazing how much has changed in that time. But, much has stayed the same and we got to show the kids some spots that were really special to us. For me, it was the fountain in front of Old Main where I told my good friend Amerest that I knew I was going to marry Andy. We had only been dating two weeks. Much to my surprise, Andy had never heard the story.
The 1997 NCAA Men's Basketball Trophy. 
 Awesome poses!

To finish off our fun time in Tucson we stopped by Rob and Sara's home to hang out a bit before heading back home.

Thank you Tucson for the memories, old and new!

1 comment:

Brian and Janette said...

Yay! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you guys are doing. If you ever make it back to T-town, I'd love to see you!