Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Tender Moment

I wanted to quickly blog an experience I had today because I want to share it with grandparents, family and friends, but also so I have record of this sweet little moment.

Between breakfast and lunch today I cut up a mango and served it to the kids for a snack. Jax and I immediately began partaking of the juicy goodness, but then I glanced across the table at my sweet little Ava who had her head bowed and was offering quite thanks to our Heavenly Father for the food. When she opened her eyes, she caught me staring at her, but rather than say anything she too began to eat her mango.

We have taught our children to bless the food before breakfast, lunch and dinner. But how wonderful that Ava thought to give thanks for a small little bowl of mangoes. I know it's minor, but this simple, small act really touched my heart. I am so thankful for Ava, her sweet spirit and her closeness to our Father in Heaven.

No comments: