Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ooey Gooey Good Time

There's this chocolate factory in downtown Glendale, Az. that I love. I can remember my dad taking me Cerreta's when I was a kid. It's nothing like Willie Wonka's chocolate factory, but what is? It's a plain building, with copper awnings. But the inside, ahhh, the inside. As soon as you open the doors, you're pelted with a thick layer of cool, chocolatey air. You take bigger breaths when you're in there, as if trying to suck in as much of the delicious air as possible, as if it will satisfy the inevitable grumbling of your tummy. It's awesome! So, it was only natural that when the kids and I visited my parents we made a special trip to Cerreta's. Ava, who loves the book "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" couldn't believe she was in an actual chocolate factory. We happened to go on a Saturday and Ava got to take part in a fun kids' activity. Armed with melted white chocolate and loads of toppings she went to work decorating a milk chocolate bear, sneaking several tastes during the process. Unfortunately, Jax was tuckered out from all the traveling and was asleep in my arms the entire time, so G-Ma decorated a bear for him.

Check out the giant Santa in the back

Of course, we left Cerreta's with a bagful of filled chocolate candies (YUM!), and my new fave: chocolate cayenne bars.




1 comment:

Joni said...

My mouth watered just reading about your outing!