Sunday, October 3, 2010

Phun in Phoenix

Two weeks seems like a long time for a vacation. But, to be honest, we could have spent another two in Phoenix and still not accomplished all the things we wanted to. However, the things we did and the places we went kept our days full and busy, so busy as a matter of fact, that by the time nighttime rolled around Jax was begging me to go to sleep. That never happens. Ever. As I right this, he is in his room reminding me that it's not time to sleep, or so he thinks.

Our first full day in Phx., the kids, G-Pa and I took a trip to the Phoenix Children's Museum. Awesome! Where was this place when I was a kid? Seriously. I could go on and on about the activities the kids (and I) enjoyed, but I wouldn't do it justice. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

We call this the "Dr. Seuss Tree"

painting the castle


taking a ride on the race track (there are several types of vehicles for the kids to use)


Jax's favorite part: the giant race track. He didn't want to leave.

Ava's favorite part: the grocery store

A few days later, we hopped on the freeway and headed out to Arizona Mills to check out the new Sea Life Aquarium. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much. I mean, it's Arizona. Not a whole lotta sea life there. But, I was wrong. Oh, so very wrong. The place was amazing! Of course the animals in the tank were super cool, but I was almost more impressed by the aestetics of the aquarium. Ava's favorite part were these little bubbles/helmets that you stuck your head in, giving the illusion you were actually IN the tank with the fishies. Jax was a little hesitant at first, but after I talked him into going in (and by that I mean, I carried him in with me, kicking and screaming) he loved it!




This is the view of a guitar stingray from underneath. So ugly! This guy was swimming in the ceiling above us.

G-Ma, G-Pa and the kids walking through the aquarium tunnel

Inside the bubble

Look closely. Do you see Ava inside the stingray bubble?

Monkeys!

If you have kids, and you live in AZ, you must check these places out. You won't be disappointed. At least you shouldn't be. If you are, well then, your standards are too high. Or I'm just easily amused. Or both. But, it's all about the kids, right?

Stay tuned for more from our super fun vacation...

No comments: