Friday, November 21, 2008

Candyland


Ava is really into board games these days. I think she likes the "little guys" that come inside of most games. She plays with the pieces just as much as she plays the game. Her new favorite it Candyland. What's not to love? It's a game about candy. And it's definitely got a hip makeover since my days trudging through Gloppy's Chocolate Swamp.Helping Daddy move his "guy"

Ava does really well playing Candyland, unless, of course, someone else gets Princess Frostine. Then, there's nothin' sweet about Candyland. She doesn't care so much that Princess Frostine is the second-to-last stop before entering the Kandy Kastly. No, no, she just likes that she's a pretty princess skating around on a frozen pond. Fortunately, most times we've played Ava has actually drawn her favorite card... without me stacking the deck or anything. The girl is lucky. If we were the gambling type, I'd take her to Vegas.

The Princess Frostine card

She also thinks that drawing a card that sends you back is kinda fun. If Andy or I get sent back to the Gumdrops or even the Gingerbread Tree (the furthest back) she always wants to come along. Sweet girl, keeping her loser parents company.

We've played Candyland several times since getting it ($5, thank you Wal-Mart) and Ava has won 9 out of 10 times. And we're not talking "winning," I mean, she really wins, fair and square. I may start stacking the deck in my favor just so I can put a mark up in my win column.

No comments: