Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Boogers and Spit-Up and Germs... Oh My!

Today is not a good day to be me. Being me today is pretty disgusting!

The kids are sick. Ava's nose is dripping like a leaky faucet, her voice is so raspy she sounds like she's been smoking a pack a day for 30 years and her business in the potty... well, you don't need imagery for that. Jax on the other hand doesn't have a runny nose... his is clogged up, which can't be fun when your nostrils are tiny to begin with and you already sound like a pug dog when you breathe. He's got a yucky little cough and he's vomiting all over the place... more than normal.

So, my hands are rough from washing them so frequently, I haven't showered because I spent my normal morning shower time cuddling with the sickies, I've changed my pants three times and my shirt twice because that's the number of times Jax has slimed me, I've got paint all over my rough hands because I've spent the kids' naptime working on boards and I spilled mustard on my shirt (the third one) while eating lunch (my first meal of the day).

So, I'm gross. Today would not be a good day for Ed McMahon to come knocking at my door with a check for a million dollars and a TV crew! Although, I wouldn't turn them away, maybe I'd just suggest they stay upwind of me.

Andy will be home in a few hours. I'll have to apologize to him that I'm gross, that I haven't cleaned the house and that dinner isn't ready. He'll say, "Lovey, no worries." It's a pretty standard response. But to be completely honest, I'll apologize only because it seems appropriate, because in reality, I'm not sorry. Well, okay, maybe a little. But I've loved today. I feel terrible my kids are sick. But I have loved just cuddling with them, reading books, watching SuperWhy and Sid the Science Kid (gotta love PBS), playing "I Spy," singing silly songs, playing with Ava's hair, rocking Jax... it's all been so nice... once you get past the boogers, vomit and other gross bodily emissions.

No comments: