Monday, November 30, 2009

Temple Lights


Some of my favorite memories from my childhood are going Christmas-light-looking with my family. I have always wanted to share the same tradition with my kids, so this weekend we enjoyed the first of what is sure to be many nights of Christmas lights. What better place to start than the Salt Lake Temple.

The kids got a little antsy as we drove around trying to find a place to park. So, in an attempt to keep them entertained I began snapping up pics of them, here's the result:


The Temple grounds are all aglow with beautiful lights and nativities from all over the world. The kids, of course, were wide-eyed when we stepped foot on the grounds.



Jax, however, quickly became less enamored with the lights and more focused on running from us just so he could find a good place to sit down. I'm not sure if he liked the feeling of the cold ground on his bottom, or what. But, he did this about a dozen times.



Ava, just loved the nativities, looking at each a few times.


But, I wish I could have captured the look on her face when she saw the bright pink lights. She was sure they were put up just for her saying, "The Temple workers must have known my favorite color is pink!"



After over an hour, frozen fingers and runny noses we decided to head home. I planned ahead and brought the kids' jammies, changing them into them before we took off. Good plan. They were both fast asleep within five minutes. I love nights like that.

No comments: