Sunday, August 1, 2010

Summer Dress

All Ava wants to wear are dresses. That IS what princesses wear, of course. She has a few casual dresses, but most are only for Church. So, I've been hard at work making dresses for the little miss. She has a few stipulations that I must abide by when constructing said dresses:

1. They MUST be twirly
2. They MUST have sleeves
3. They MUST have pink or flowers or fruit on them (her words, not mine)
4. Did I mention they MUST be twirly

That being said, I put together this little number for Ava-Ave.

I started with a $3 tank top from target, added the skirt portion and some makeshift sleeves. Not too shabby. There's a few things I'll do differently next time around, starting with making the sleeves a little wider. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Most importantly, Ava L-O-V-E-S it!
She had JUST picked this tomato from her garden.

1 comment:

Joni said...

I'm so impressed. I wish you were here to craft with me!