Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My favorites...

Looking out the window at the snow


I love my kids. That's a given. But, I really, really love them! I sometimes can't believe how much love I have for such little people.

When Ava was a baby I remember being so sad each time I realized she was growing. I thought, "I'm going to miss her being so tiny, crawling, walking"... you get the idea. But, as each phase passed and a new one began I thought, I love this time. This is my favorite.

Well, in two-and-a-half weeks my little girl who, I swear, just yesterday was saying her first words, will be three. And while I sometimes miss the cuddle time we shared when she was younger, I have to say, this is my favorite. She's curious about EVERYTHING and wants to know all there is to know about it all, we play dress-up together, we bake together, she puts on performances, she loves to learn, she tells me I'm her best friend. This is my favorite.

Now, that Jax is suddenly nine months (almost), I've had the same realization. With two kids, it's so much harder to have that experience with each phase. But today, it hit me. It seems it took much less time for him to get to nine months than Ava. In three months my little boy will be a year. That's insane. A year seems so old. He's still a baby, right? I barely remember him as a newborn. But that's okay, because right now, this is my favorite time of Jax's life. He's crawling, he's standing, he's developing this fun little personality that makes him smile all the time, growl at people just to see their reactions, use the remote control as a phone, climb up the stairs and impishly look back at me as he makes his way up. This is my favorite.

So, it seems my life is moving in fast forward. My baby girl is a little girl and my baby boy, well he'll be a little boy before I know it. It makes me so grateful to have the opportunity to stay home with them, to watch them turn into little people -- because those two little people are my favorites!

No comments: