Monday, February 2, 2009

It's all my Fault!

So, the Super Bowl wasn't so super. I'm not just saying that because I'm bitter about the Cardinal's loss (really, three guys in the end zone and no one is on Santonio Holmes?!) but all the flags!! I echoed the screams of fast, drunk, old men everywhere, "Come on refs, just let them play the game!"

I think that the BIG L may be due in large part to Jax's absence during the last quarter of the game. I put him to bed at the end of the third quarter, which means I had to take his lucky Cardinals jersey off. Coincidence? I don't think so. He's worn that thing through every playoff game thus far and the ONE time he takes it off... well, we know what happened. I should have known! So, I apologize Cardinals fans (lifelong and bandwagon) everywhere for sticking to a strict schedule and making the little lucky charm go to bed. It's my fault. Really. Don't get angry about the whole Santonio Holmes in the end zone thing, or the fact the Ben Roethlisberger had 10 minutes to throw the ball every time, or that Kurt Warner decided to throw like a girl the very last play of the game. Nope, it's all my fault. Bring on the hate mail.

Before you write me a scathing letter though, check out the adorableness that is The Bubs in his jersey. G-Ma and G-Pa gave it to him for Christmas. It's a good thing the season is over because he's about to bust out of that thing.

No comments: