Friday, March 20, 2009

Days at the Park

Our weather has been amazing the past week-and-a-half! Sunshine, warmer weather, short sleeves, grilling, running around the backyard and playing at the park... ahh, these are a few of my favorite things!

We made a trip to the park a few weeks ago when the temperatures began their glorious ascent. The wind was blowing a bit so Ava flew a kite for the very first time, Jax took a ride in the swings (sooo many germs... but I'm not worrying about that, right?) and I enjoyed seeing the joy on my children's faces as they sucked in some fresh air and their skin once again felt the sun's rays (we were starting to look like vampires).

(JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURES AND THEY'LL GET BIGGER)


Then, this past Saturday (14th) the sun was beating a little harder, shining a little brighter and well, I'm pretty sure I heard birds chirping all around (okay, maybe that was just in my head and caused by my childlike excitement over the glimpse of spring we're getting). G-Ma and G-Pa were in town for Ava's birthday party, so after all the festivities and excitement we capped off the afternoon with a trip to our favorite park. The kids swung, slid, ran (crawled for Jax) and giggled. Ava took a little walk with G-Pa, Jax layed in the grass with G-Ma and Mama. Awesome!!I love her face in these pictures!

Happy Boy!

Today was the nicest day we've had thus far this year -- appropriate for the first day of Spring. Temps were in the low 70's, we grilled for dinner (and watched the Cats win... BEAR DOWN!) and Ava and I played catch in the backyard.Ava took this picture. I love it!


Playing catch after her birthday party.


The excitement has been building up inside of me for two weeks -- could this be the end of the dreadful Utah winter? Can I put away my pants and longsleeve shirts and fill my closet with warm weather clothes? Uh, no. After teasing me with such amazing weather, Utah is handing us snow Monday! WHAT?! And temps are supposed to be back down in the 40's & 50's next week! That totally ruined the warm fuzzy feeling I had inside. So, I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer for the official start of Utah spring. I can wait... I think.

No comments: