Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Best Buddies!!!

Our trip to Arizona would not have been complete without hanging out with my best friend Jaime and her little family. And we almost didn't make it. Jaime came back a day late from spending Christmas with her family in California and we left two days early. But, we got in some quality time the night before we left, allowing the kids to stay up WAAAAY past their bedtimes. But, it was so worth it.

Dressed up like Spiderman and Snow White (Ava's costume is obviously a little big!)

Ava and Joey have been buddies since they were little, little babies. As a matter of fact, they're betrothed :) Ava talks quite often about how lucky Joey will be to marry her in the temple. I can't help but agree. Anyway, they were so happy to see each other and spent the night giggling and playing, like the good ol' days. Jax just followed Jo-Jo around, enamored with this boy who loves all the same things he does: cars, trucks, Lightning McQueen, trains, destruction. We always joke that Jax and Joey are twins, just born at different times. Outside of their interest in anything with a motor, they look similar, both had tons of ear infections that led to tubes, both love to do things that could potentially give their mothers heart attacks... the list goes on. Really, the only major difference is that Joey is an ultra-picky eater and Jax will eat just about anything (including things he found in the couch cushion, as I learned tonight).

Anyway, while the kids played (Jaime's little girl, Brooke was asleep) Jaime and I got to talk and laugh like we always do. And our husbands talked about weird things that Jaime and I have no interest in -- like they always do. Such a fun night, I just wish we could have spent more time together. Jaime and I talk on the phone all the time, but I miss her so much! It was actually kinda hard for me to leave, because I know the next time we're in Arizona, they won't be there. Joe (her awesome hubby) has enlisted in the Army (he'll be a medic) so they're moving next month. We are so proud of Joe and the honorable decision he has made to serve this country, and I'm so impressed by Jaime and how supportive she's been of Joe. I'm getting kinda sappy, but, well I'm just that way. I'll just miss having her in AZ. I know Ava will miss having Joey there too. The good news is, Jaime and I like each other more than our husbands (or so Andy jokes) so, we'll still talk all the time and see each other as much as possible. They'll be in Texas in just a few months, just eight hours from us in Mississippi. And that's closer than we are now. And since Joe will be in training and only home on the weekends, I expect there will be many weeks where Andy may just inherit an extra wife and two extra kids.

No comments: