Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas Day -- Rocks, Poop and the Park

I promise I will get around to posting the Christmas morning pictures soon, atleast I'm actually posting from Christmas Day now!

We spent December 25th in Phoenix at my parents' house. And I gotta say, good choice by us. The weather was AMAZING! It was in the high 60's and sunny most of the time we were there. As a matter of fact, while our friends in Utah were shoveling snow, we were out on a family hike -- WITHOUT jackets!
Andy, my brother Ben and my dad carrying Jax

My guys

Digging for rocks

We did a lot of exploring and by the time we hiked back down the trail my pockets were full of rocks the kids had discovered. Another of Ava's discoveries? POOP! The trail we hiked on is frequented by people on horseback and, well, horses poop. Each time Ava came across a dropping she felt inclined to inspect it (with her eyes, of course) and announce what she thought the horse may have eaten that day. Here's Andy, Ava and G-Ma perusing the poo.


After our hike, my dad and Andy took the kids to the park while my mom and I made Christmas dinner. The kids love going anywhere with G-Pa, so despite their tired eyes and hungry tummies, they played their hearts out at the park.


We had such a wonderful time spending the week with my parents and can't wait to see them again in a few months!

No comments: