Thursday, January 28, 2010

Help for Haiti Bake Sale!!

As I looked through the paper one day, Ava caught a glimpse of one of the tragic pictures from Haiti. Concerned, she asked why the people were so sad. So, as gently as I could I explained the earthquake and it's affects to an obviously saddened little girl. She immediately announced, "We should help them." I had been having the same thought since news of the earthquake broke, but our funds are limited and I wasn't sure I had anything to offer. But, seeing the look on Ava's face and recognizing that this was an opportunity to teach her a valuable lesson about service, I knew I had to find a way to help that would not only involve Ava, but be meaningful to her. The first thought that popped into my head -- BAKE SALE! So, I enlisted the help of a good friend and sisters from our ward and together we've put together what will surely be a DELICIOUS bake sale!

(this sign was donated by the good people at Kinko's)

If you're in the Provo area, it's this Saturday (30th) from 9am-1pm at the LDS church on 800 N. 700 W. -- just follow the delightful aroma of home-baked goodies.

ALL proceeds will go to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Haiti Relief Effort

1 comment:

Brian and Janette said...

What a great idea! So proud of you! Oh, and...yes, your little man rocked the Hawk! So cute!